About the Role
Northern Vehicle Placements is an independently owned used vehicle dealership with onsite reconditioning team in Townsville that has a strong focus on providing expertly reconditioned vehicles to the public at competitive prices. We are looking to expand by adding a light vehicle mechanic to our friendly team.
This role is flexible for the right candidate:
NVP is seeking a qualified light vehicle mechanic, however 3rd and 4th year apprentices are also encouraged to apply.
Commencement date is negotiable, though the role is open for an immediate start.
As a mechanic at NVP you will receive:
- A high quality workshop staffed by experienced industry professionals,
- Modern and well-equipped facilities with dedicated workspaces and comprehensive array of equipment,
- Opportunities for further training and development,
- Culture of care amongst staff and management,
- Strong adherence to WHS policy,
- Weekly team lunch supplied,
- Access to NVP’s Employee Assistance Program,
- Above award wages,
- Monthly performance bonuses,
- A friendly and supportive work environment that encourages personal and professional growth within its staff members,
Your main roles will include the following:
- Repairs to petrol and diesel passenger and light commercial vehicles,
- Identifying and repairing technical issues and any additional work as required,
- Completing all work in a timely manner,
- Road testing vehicles,
- Conducting quality checks on work,
- Fault finding and Diagnosis,
- Diverse range of work to suit your skills and qualifications, i.e. Air-Conditioning diagnosis and repairs, auto electrical work, etc.
Skills and qualities required for the role:
- Ability to work independently to diagnose and repair vehicle faults,
- Ability to follow instructions from head mechanic and workshop foreman,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Good problem identification and resolution skills,
- Open driver’s licence,
- Good organisational skills,
- Honest, reliable and hardworking,
- High regard for safe work practices and procedures,
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Automotive mechanic qualifications and experience is a necessity,
- Road worthy licence and experience highly favourable,
- Auto-electrical qualifications and experience favourable,
- Other relevant qualifications and tickets favourable,
- Parts picking/ordering experience favourable,
At NVP we are committed to building inclusive cultures in the car sales industry that respect diversity and provide quality employment opportunities for underrepresented groups. If you identify as a woman, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or culturally diverse background, members of the LGBTIQA+ community or disability community, we strongly encourage you to apply and consider NVP as the next step in your career.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential.