About The Role
Northern Vehicle Placements is an independently owned used vehicle dealership in Townsville that has a strong focus on ‘People over Profits’ and upholding strong ethics in business. We are looking to expand by adding a Used Vehicle Salesperson to our friendly team.
Our sales team operates 5½ days per week. As a salesperson at NVP you will receive the following:
- Monthly RDO,
- Access to stock vehicles as personal ‘drive’ vehicles,
- A wide range of high quality stock, all processed through our own efficient and experienced mechanical and detail workshops,
- Access to NVP’s Employee Assistance Program,
- Competitive commissions with high earning potential, as well as monthly performance bonuses,
- A fun, friendly and supportive work environment that encourages personal and professional growth within its staff members,
Your main roles will include the following:
- Ensure sales targets are consistently achieved,
- Taking part in negotiations and closing deals,
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction,
- Ensuring a high standard of sales yard presentation and online advertising and marketing,
- Liaising with the Sales Manager, reconditioning team, and customers regarding warranty claims, etc.
Skills and qualities required for the role:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills,
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team,
- Good problem identification and resolution skills,
- Friendly and approachable,
- Open driver’s licence,
- Well presented,
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure,
- Good administrative and organisational skills,
- Ethics that align with the values that NVP holds, including making decisions based on these values,
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous vehicle sales experience, especially used,
- Current motor vehicle sales or dealers licence,
- Basic automotive knowledge and skills,
- Experience evaluating used vehicles,
At NVP we are committed to building inclusive cultures in the car sales industry that respect diversity and provide quality employment opportunities for underrepresented groups. If you identify as a woman, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or culturally diverse background, members of the LGBTIQA+ community or disability community, we strongly encourage you to apply and consider NVP as the next step in your career.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential.